I will be back this weekend to post a few creative Thanksgiving craft ideas. To tidy you over and get you in the holiday mood, check out this yummy recipe for pumpkin cheesecake.
Healthified Pumpkin Cheesecake
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons apple jelly
4 packages (8 oz each) fat-free cream cheese, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
2 tablespoons brandy, if desired
1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
2 to 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup frozen (thawed) fat-free whipped topping, if desired
Ground nutmeg, if desired
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Coat sides only with 2 tablespoons of the graham cracker crumbs. In small bowl, mix remaining 1 cup graham cracker crumbs and the apple jelly. Press in bottom of pan.
2. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes. Refrigerate 5 minutes or until completely cooled.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in sugars until smooth. On low speed, add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until blended.
4. In medium bowl, mix pumpkin, brandy, flour and pumpkin pie spice. Gradually add to cream cheese mixture, beating until smooth. Pour over partially baked crust.
5. Bake 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on cooling rack 30 minutes. With sharp knife, loosen cheesecake from side of pan. Cover cheesecake; refrigerate at least 8 hours.
6. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake again; carefully remove side of pan. Cut cheesecake into wedges; place on individual dessert plates. Top each wedge with 1 tablespoon whipped topping; lightly sprinkle with nutmeg. Cover and refrigerate any remaining cheesecake.
1 Serving: Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 30); Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 370mg; Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 29g); Protein 11g % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 100%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 15%; Iron 8% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Lean Meat Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2 MyPyramid Servings: 1 c Dairy
*% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.