Lately I have been finding myself eating the same dishes over and over due to time and convenience, so I decided to pull out my recipe binder. Inside, I found this recipe from Cooking Light which is not only fast and easy to make but healthy and extremely tasty. I usually serve it with a side of broccoli or asparagus spears and a large dinner salad.
6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
6 tablespoons (about 3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
6 tablespoons picante sauce
6 cilantro sprigs
6 tablespoons Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Top each breast half with 1 tablespoon cheese, 1 tablespoon picante sauce, and 1 cilantro sprig.
- Roll up jelly-roll fashion, beginning at narrow end.
- Dredge chicken rolls in breadcrumbs.
- Place rolls, seam sides down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; lightly coat rolls with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
Once you make this recipe, I am sure you will agree that this will become a part of your family's favorite dishes.
Creativity Bug - Sue