This is a special message to our faithful followers and those that stop by to check out our blog.
I have been a paper crafter for more than 20 years and love to scrapbook, make cards, stamp, create altered projects, and craft in general. Over the past 2 years I have noticed more than 8 paper crafting/scrapbooking local stores that have gone out of business and it just breaks my heart.
To help the local stores get business into their stores and people signing up for classes, since July I started to make posts both on this blog and on my Examiner.com website. I wasn't sure it was making a difference, but I really believe in the small business owner and want these stores to stay in business.
Well, two things have occurred in the last few days that brings a smile to my face. The first is that I noticed that the monthly hits on this blog have gone up by the thousands and many of them are doing searches related to digital stamping, scrapbooking, scrapbooking supplies, paper crafting classes, and card making.
The second is that one of the local scrapbook stores contacted me to say that they did a poll to see where people heard about their crafting classes and 1 out of 5 mentioned my blog or Examiner.com website. I can't tell you how much that warms my heart.
With all this being said, I am giving each of you the opportunity for a free advertising opportunity on this blog and/or my Examiner.com site as long as you fit one or more of the following:
- The item you are selling is paper crafting, stamping, scrapbooking, card making, arts and crafts, or crafting related (this includes organizing, how-to’s, e-books, patterns, etc)
- The item you are selling or want advertised pertains to the crafting industry.
- You own a local store in Illinois or the Illinois/Wisconsin border that pertains to the crafting industry.
- You own an online store with website that pertains to the crafting industry.
- You offer classes (in store) or online that pertains to crafting (does not have to be paper crafting).
- You company offers crafting retreats, all night crops, or crafting events.
If you fall into any of the above criteria, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Company name
- Company website address (if applicable)
- Information about your business and services
- Make a blog post and/or Examiner.com article post to introduce readers to your business
- Make a blog post and/or Examiner.com article(s) pertaining to services you offer including classes, retreats, events, sales, etc.
I hope that this opportunity will be beneficial to all the small business owners and self-employed workers out there.
Creativity Bug ~ Sue