Italian Pizza Bake
1/3 cup Bisquick Heart Smart mix
2 tablespoons fat-free egg product or 1 egg white
1 tablespoon water or 1 tablespoon liquid from dice tomatoes for extra flavor
1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 cup diced pepper (red, orange, yellow, or green)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped cooked chicken or turkey breast
1/2 cup canned diced (seasoned or unseasoned) tomatoes, drained (I like tomatoes so I use 1 cup)
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/3 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 8x4 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, stir crust ingredients (Bisquick, egg, water, seasoning) and spread into pan.
- In skillet, cook pepper and onion over medium heat stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in chicken/turkey, tomatoes, and seasoning; cook until hot. Spoon over batter and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 20-23 minutes or until gold brown.
- Loose edges with a butter knife, cut in two, and serve
1 serving is 220 calories, 4 g fat, 1 g fiber, 20 g carbohydrate
Some people find this good, but a bit bland on seasoning. You might want to make it once as is and then adjust seasonings in the future. You can also additional vegetables such as mushrooms for a few extra calories. I like it the way it is and serve it along with a salad topped with low fat balsamic dressing.