Easy Taco Soup
1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
1 cup chopped onions
1 package (1.25 ounce) taco seasoning mix
3 cups hot water
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 ounce) can black beans or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
1 cup small shells pasta
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook ground meat and onions until no longer pink; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until pasta is cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls.
- Top with shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips, sliced green onions, or sour cream if desired.
- Makes approximately 6 servings
Have a wonderful Friday!
Creativity Bug ~ Sue