Grilled Balsamic Skirt Steak
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 pound skirt steak, trimmed and cut into 4 pieces
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add steak, turning to coat; seal and marinate at room temperature 25 minutes, turning once. Remove steak from bag; discard marinade.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle both sides of steak with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Add steak to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Tent with foil; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 ¼ teaspoon vinegar
2 ¼ cups grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup diced sweet onion (such as Vidalia)
3 tablespoons blue cheese or feta cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine tomatoes and onion in a large serving bowl.
- In a small bowl combine oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix well and pour over tomato/onion mixture.
- Toss salad to coat with dressing.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
Have a wonderful Friday!
Creativity Bug ~ Sue