Tired of serving traditional pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving? Consider a new holiday tradition by making these scrumptious spiced pumpkin cupcakes for your guests.
Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes
½ cup finely chopped pecans
3 tablespoons sugar
1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
½ cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In heavy 8-inch nonstick skillet, cook pecans and 2 tablespoons of the sugar over low heat about 8 minutes, stirring constantly, until sugar is melted. Spoon and spread pecans onto sheet of waxed paper. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar; toss.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, water, oil, eggs and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (about two-thirds full).
- Bake 19 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Frost cupcakes with frosting. Sprinkle edge of frosted cupcakes with pecans; press lightly into frosting. Store loosely covered.
Creativity Bug ~ Sue