I love lasagna, but since there is only me in the household I hate to make a full pan with lots of leftovers. When I discovered this recipe for lasagna for two, I knew I found a winner.
Lasagna Bake for Two
2 lasagna noodles, uncooked
1/2 lb. extra-lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup undrained canned diced tomatoes (about 2/3 of 14.5-oz. can)
2 Tbsp. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spread
4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup KRAFT Finely Shredded Italian* Five Cheese Blend, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook noodles as directed on package, omitting salt.
- In a large skillet, brown meat with onions and garlic.
- Add tomatoes and cream cheese spread; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and mixture comes to a boil.
- Add spinach; cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat, add ¼ cup shredded cheese; stir until melted.
- Drain noodles. Spoon 1/3 cup spinach mixture into each of 2 (2 cup) ramekins; top with noodle, letting excess noodle extend over rim of ramekin. Top each with 1/3 cup spinach mixture; fold noodle back over dish to cover filling. Repeat until all filling is folded between noodle layers; top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving
- Serving with a tossed salad and crusty Italian bread.
Creativity Bug~ Sue